BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 28, 2006

your mom maybe!!

Ok, the title has NOTHING to do with the post. In fact, it has nothing to do with anything. "Your mom" jokes use to annoy me so bad. I hate them! But over Easter Break when I was at my friend Sarah's house I bonded with her sister over this. So all I have to say about that is: your mom goes to college!!

So anyway, for my composition class we had this journal thing that we had to write 50 entries in them. A lot of them had like a question or specific instructions like, "Is competition biblical? " or "Read the following article (insert URL here) and respond." Anyway, it wasn't too bad, until last night when I had like 20 left and it was due today so I only got 2 hours of sleep. Close to half of the entries are free-writes, where you can pretty much write whatever you want, as long as it's 150 words. I took a break to check my email and got inspired. This is what I wrote:

I was just checking my Yahoo! email address when an interesting headline caught my eye: “Heart Attacks Are the Biggest Threat to U.S. Firefighters.” I don’t know. Maybe I am just weird that I would find this so fascinating, but think about it. Heart attacks! You don’t see a fire truck rushing by and think, “Wow. I hope no one in there has a heart attack.” No! You think, “Wow. I hope they get there on time,” or “Wow. I wonder how big the fire is,” or if you’re really a good person, “Wow. I hope no one gets hurt.” Heart attacks are just not what comes to mind when firemen are taken into consideration. That may be the case when you see an ambulance, but even then, you’re not worried about the paramedics! If you bother worrying at all it’s for the person who the ambulance is hurrying to. Yeah, so maybe I am weird, but I find all this worth pondering.

Yeah, so maybe I AM weird, or maybe it was just 5 a.m, or maybe your MOM is weird...hahahahaha...yeah, 2 hours of sleep. You can't hold this against me.

Oh LeAnne, you might want to reconsider that whole fireman thing. I mean seriously, how depressing would it be if your fireman dude went to put out a fire and died of a heart attack???

I should so not be allowed to post on so little sleep...

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh come on, Jana... i can handle an infarkt now and then...

Besides when I'm in America and I see a a firetruck rush by, I ALWAYS think - "I wonder if their hot??? Hmmm... I hope if I ever need them they send the hot, single ones to save me..." And then of course I hope for the best in whatever situation they have been called to.

Maybe you should journal about me... :)

Jana said...

you'd just better hope that they don't send you one having a heart attack, hot or not!