So, this guy comes in. He orders a tall hot chocolate steamed to 175 degrees.
Now, for those of you who don't know, at "tall" is the small size. It gets 3 pumps of mocha syrup, 1 pump of vanilla syrup, steamed milk, and whipped cream. We normally steam our milk to 140 degrees. It is pretty normal to have someone wanting their drink extra hot though, so it was no problem.
The guy takes his drink and comes back to the counter like half an hour later with his empty cup. He says, "Excuse me, I know there's nothing you can do about it now, but my drink was not hot enough. It was only around 160 degrees."
I apologized (like I'm supposed to) and offered to make him a new one, but he didn't have time, so he left.
Seriously, first of all, he could have come as soon as he realized the problem and we would have made him a new drink, no problem. Second, and more importantly, HOW DID HE KNOW???? Does he carry around a thermometer with him? Does he have a special digital reading on his tongue? I wasn't the one who made the drink, but I watched the thermometer in the milk go up to 175 when it was being steamed.
And seriously, when it's that hot anyway, is there really that big of a difference between 160 and 175 degrees? At that point it's just hot.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Customer of the Week!!
at 1:53 AM
Labels: Customer of the Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
At what temperature do you make them sign a waver, forfeiting their right to sue for injuries?
I don't understand what the big deal is. I mean doesn't everybody carry a therm-meter 2000 in there pockets these days. Don't you want to know if you steak is fully cooked. Hmmm?
come on, Jana, carrying around your own personalized thermometer is the new in thing! You, of all people, should know that. They've even got these cool stickers you can put on them to "showcase your personality". Honestly, are you always behind the fashion? :oP Love you!
I guess each country has it's own brand of stupidity...
Ha Ha Ha thats hilarious! This 'customer of the week' is a real hit. :D
Haha! Thats nuts! Want my opinon? I think that when he was a child he severly burned his mouth and therefore distroyed many of his taste-buds. Now he can only taste normally if his food is heated to very high temperatures. Maybe 175 is temperature that his taste buds are hightend and fully functional. So when he tasted the hot chocolate, he could taste it because it was hotter then normal, but did not highten his full taste-buds.
ANyway that is my opinon.
I love you i love you i love you!
-Larissa
Post a Comment