BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Apparently I haven't been here quite long enough...

Ok, so this is totally a filler blog. I have something deep and profound to write, it's just a matter of typing it out and posting it. So for now I'll leave you with this. Four things have happened to me recently that just show me that I'm not totally Americanized (thank God!).

1. They turned off the heat in the building on the first day of spring and everyone is in an outrage (apparently it's illegal??). I didn't notice anything other than the fact that it was slightly chillier than before.

2. I was with Kelly when we heard and jet fly over and we both thought that it was the Americans flying overhead toward Kosovo.

3. I looked up and had a very strange, fleeting moment where I thought that the spire of the Empire State building rising above the other buildings was a very tall minaret.

4. A friend of mine got sick and I told her that it was because she had a potted plant in her room...JUST KIDDING!!!! I'm not that Bosnianized either =)

There was actually a real fourth thing, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was.

5 comments:

William A. Summay said...

You can take the girl out of Bosnia, but you can't take Bosnia out of the girl :D
We miss you Jana!

Kelly said...

This is very true, Will.

Had another moment the other day. My roommate asked what onions were good for, and I said they cure illness if you stick them in your socks. :-D

Anonymous said...

no thats potatoes haha

Shannon said...

lol. The other day I was walking to Bible Study and thought about taking a short-cut through the woods. My next thought was, "Wait, I can't go in the woods, there might be mines!"

Anonymous said...

i dont know anything except that you are super busy this week and this has nothing to do with your latest blog even tho its not that new. anyways...that was a good runon sentence huh! all that to say...i looove you and ur super cool and NYC seems cool. put a cool person in a cool place and woh. way too much coolness. :-) mmk im done rambling now. what was the point of this comment again?? oh yeah. lack of sleep.