BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 09, 2007

So everyone else seems to have already said it...

Sretan osmi mart!! Happy women's day to all of you out there, the women anyway. I mean, the rest of you can have a great March 8 too if you want, but it IS called women's day. Actually, the day's over, and now that I've totally nullified what I was saying, I'm just going to move on...

I leave in about 3 hours for Missouri! Hallelujah spring break dolazi! I can't believe that it's already been like a year since I went down to Florida to spend it with LeAnne. This year my grandma is paying for me to fly out to Missouri where I can see family and friends there. One of the best parts is that my mom, Josiah, and Daniela are driving out to meet me! As you can imagine, I'm pretty excited, not to mention that it should quell some fears.

You see, I've been having some of the most bizarre dreams about my baby sister. They're very easy to rationalize, but they freak me out all the same. In each one I see her and she's at least a couple of years older. Sometimes a lot older, sometimes she's just bigger, sometimes she's a different race...kind of weird. I wake up from those in a panic, call my mother, and beg her to send me some REALLY recent photos. They're the only things that make me feel better. My mom does tell me though that she rolls over, reaches for things, sings along when someone's singing to her, and is fascinated by all things moving (antique auctions, the iTunes visualizer, little moving cartoons Caleb makes for her on the computer). I actually got to see this when I was there back in January. We went to one of Michaela's basketball games, and I was holding her the whole time. As long as the girls were playing and running back and forth on the court, Dani was happy, but the minute half-time started or I turned her around so she couldn't see she would start fussing. Yeah, she likes action, and she talks a lot. I'm pretty sure she's going to be the REAL trouble-maker in our family. Scary right?

Wow, I had no intention of rambling about my little sister. Oh well, I haven't written much about her in a while. You can deal with it =)

After I get back from Missouri next Thursday, I leave Friday to go down and see the Pedronis! I really can't wait for that. I'll be there for a couple of days, and then Kelly is coming back to New York with me! Yay! I'm excited.

Oh, one other very cool and unexpected thing: yesterday two girls who were in my unit at Cedarville came to New York for the day! It was AMAZING!! As much as I love New York, I've really missed the dorms, and the girls in my unit. We really got close, especially toward the end last year. Seeing Jennifer and Michelle, even for just a few hours, was incredibly refreshing. I love those girls to death! Oh yeah, and Michelle's parents paid for my meal in a restaurant in Little Italy. Free food!!

Ok, I'm done rambling now. I gotta pack and finish an assignment I need to email in for tomorrow anyway... I'm sure I'll have pictures from my break! Yay for camera phones!!

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Spring break in Florida is better than spring break in Missouri...

Have a fun trip anyway :)

Kelly said...

Enjoy yourself, don't forget to email me about those times. Can't wait to see you.