So...Spring Break is finally here. My roommates are all gone. I'm doing like 7 loads of laundry right now. It's sick how much I'm washing. What's even sicker is how much it's costing me.
It's nice having the apartment to myself, but I'm not gonna lie, I don't really want to be here. I needed to get out of Manhattan for a while. What really stings is that 2 of my roommates are out of the country. One of them is in London, then is going to Bolivia (she's from there). And Jill's new boyfriend paid for her to go to freaking Dublin! It's definitely time for me to get out of the country again. It's been too long...
Pretty much everyone I know is gone. It's kinda lonely. My next week is basically just working 40 hours a week at the American Bible Society. Other than that, I guess just hanging around the apartment, cleaning and stuff. Maybe I'll get some reading or journaling in, if my poor brain can handle it.
I do have one friend still in town though. My roommate, Stephanie, from last year (yes, she also does those fabulous podcasts that I hope you are all subscribed to now) and I went to Ikea today. This was amazing, first of all, because I've never been to Ikea in the States! I know, hard to believe right?? But here's the real kicker, I cannot believe how similar it is, not only to the ones in Europe, but to when I was going 16 years ago in Graz! I mean, those shopping trips to Graz were the highlights of my year from the time I was 6 until about 14. And let me tell you, Ikea has hardly changed AT ALL. Many of you probably realize that, but it just blew me away. The second, really incredible thing is that I take a ferry there! The store, itself, is in Brooklyn, and you can take the subway, but the best way to get there from Manhattan is to take the water Taxi. Ikea actually has its own ferries that go back and forth. It's pretty freaking cool.
Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Maybe something will come along to spice up my Spring Break. We'll see.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Spring break...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I thought you were going to try to come visit me on y our spring break? :)
i should have let you run away with me. sometimes it's hard to be logical.
Post a Comment