Terribly sorry to everyone who I've been out of touch with...who is pretty much everyone I don't see on a daily basis. Life's been...lifelike. I've been crazy busy at times, and bored out of my mind at others, but even during those down times it's been hard to try to reconnect with people. I could write for hours about what's happened this last year, but I think we'd all be bored to tears by the end of that, so I'll just hit the highlights.
As I mentioned in one of my last posts, almost a year ago, I lost my job at the American Bible Society at the end of last June. I was unemployed for the summer, which is not an experience I wish to repeat. I began working at the Gap at the end of August/beginning of September, around the time school started. Last semester was INSANE. I worked Gap for 30+ hours a week, security at the school for 20 hours, and was taking 9 credits. The hard work all paid off though, and I graduated in December.
I spent the following month with my family in Colorado, which was amazing. Jill moved to North Carolina during that time to be closer to her fiance, but continued paying rent until our least was up last week.
Between the time I went to Colorado and now I have dated someone, had a very mutual and amiable break up, have moved in with my former college roommate, Rachel, begun working for the Census Bureau (although still waiting for things to pick up with that), and continued to work at Gap.
In family news: Everyone is doing well. My dad is teaching at the Christian school the kids are attending, and still has the antique shop. My mom helps with that when she's not busy taking care of two toddlers. Caleb is 18 and graduates the week after I do (crazy, right???). Josiah has finished his freshman year of high school, managed to letter on the varsity basketball team, get the lead in the school play, and then dislocate his knee while dancing at his spring formal (I'm so proud). Michaela is involved in anything and everything, and is good at it all. She came to see me for a week over her spring break, which was so much fun. Nothing like some good sisterly bonding. Dani has been in ballet and just successfully danced through her first recital. And Elijah is doing everything a 1 1/2 year old younger brother should be doing. Being adorable, idolizing his older sister, and doing everything in his power to upset her.
And that's pretty much my life right now in a nutshell. It's not all that exciting. My graduation ceremony is this weekend and my parents will be here a couple of days. I was supposed to be moving to D.C. right now but that kind of fell through. I have no idea what the future holds, but I'm open to anything, and I kinda like where I am right now.
Hit me up on facebook if you want any direct contact information or if you want to know any actual details about my life.
Much love to all,
- Jana
Tuesday, May 04, 2010
A recap of this last year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment