This is not how I wanted to begin my blog, but it only seems right.
Dedicated to Gabriel Patrick Warner.
Baby brother, I know you can't hear me. Maybe this is something that those of us here on earth do to make us feel closer to the ones we have lost. Gabriel, I want you know that you are loved deeply. Maybe God decided that He didn't want to wait years and years for you, so He moved you in with Him right away. I don't understand why this happened. I'm not sure the best way to cope. I wish that you could be here with us. I wish that I could watch you grow.
Whatever the reason, my dear little brother, I pray that somehow you can know, that there are many of us down here loving and missing you. I don't understand how it's possible to miss someone you've never met, but you are a part of our family, and I miss you with every breath.
Sometimes it hurts more than I can say, but I know that you are safe and well. I just can't wait until the day that I am there with you. I don't know how long that will be, but I'll be there as soon as God allows. I just wish that I could hold you in my arms right now, but someday I know I will.
For any of you that may not know, we learned last week that my unborn brother had been taken up to the Lord. Although he was never really a part of the world we know, he is as much family to us as the members we can talk to every day. Losing Gabriel was perhaps the greatest loss my family has ever faced. Please pray for us.
Sunday, August 21, 2005
In Loving Recognition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love you, Jana. Your tribute to Gabriel was...beautiful, like leanne said. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.
Jana... Zao mi je zbog tvog gubitka, molit cu se za tebe i tvoju porodicu. Nedostajes nam u Bosni Sladjan
i know it's a hard way to start off and stuff at school. we're prayin' hard for you. love ya
Jana,
We love you and are praying for you and your family at this time of loss coupled with a time of great change in your lives. We know of your faith and trust you are leaning on Him at all times. Blessings to you in His Name from our whole family!
Thank you so much everyone. You all mean so much to me and I really love and miss you all. Thank you for your prayers.
Jana, you wrote so beautifully. I'm so, so sorry for your family's loss. I was moved to tears when I got LeAnne's email. Know that you're in my thoughts these days. Grace and peace.
Jana--
You and all your family are in my prayers. I recall the sharp pain I felt as a younger teen when we had a similar loss.
Remember, you will always be welcome here in Bolivar.
Grace and peace,
Jim
Post a Comment