Ok...I feel really strongly about this. For the large majority of you who don't know, "Chuck's" is what we "affectionately" call our cafeteria. The guy who's been running it for half of eternity's name is Chuck.
The food isn't all that great to begin with, but washing someone else's cafeteria food off of someone else's plate...wait, try 3000 someone else's...it's not fun! Plus doing it in stifling humidity with slippery floors is conducive to nauseated employees, or at least one nauseated employee.
My time in Chuck's dishroom is going to be the longest 4-8 hours of my week. This is just not going to be fun.
Outside of my new workplace, things aren't so hot (or humid). For two classes, not one, TWO I totally missed some of my reading. I don't know how!! I thought that I'd done so well and stayed current with my reading. Well on Wednesday we were given a pop quiz and I found out that it was on something that I thought I'd read, but I'd missed completely. Fortunately it didn't count for anything. Tomorrow, however, we're having a test in a different class, and when I went to a study session tonight I found out that I missed one of the chapters there too!! How the heck did this happen?? I don't know... I seriously thought I'd done it all. I checked and re-checked...I can't believe this happened. Thank God that tomorrow is Friday. I'll be spending a lot of this weekend studying and catching up.
On the up side, tomorrow is Casual Friday!! I get to wear jeans to class. I'm so psyched about that.
Yeah, so I have to go. Tomorrow is going to be yet another long day. I can't wait until Saturday. Guess who's sleeping in...
Friday, September 09, 2005
Dishes Stink at Chuck's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
sorry the dishes stink. i always liked the dishroom, affectionately known by us employees as "the pit", or sometimes as "the pit of despair"! cheer up, it's not so bad!
what do you normally wear to class?
heidi
I'm reading your blog now. Just wanted you to know. I bet you're the cutest dishwasher they have there. Quite frankly, you could have a lot of fun making food sculptures. Something to think about. Love ya, Tiff
The dress code here is to:
"outline a slightly more formal standard of dress for the classroom. In our campus culture, this policy expresses a sense of self-discipline and seriousness for the academic endeavor"
- Cedarville Univeristy Student Handbook
And they also say that it's promote a professional environment or something too. So this pretty much means no jeans or t-shirts or shorts. Yeah, so that's what we normally wear. Oh, and on casual days they really "encourage" us to wear Cedarville t-shirts or the t-shir of some other organization here on campus. I did it because it meant I got 10% off at the coffee shop here.
So yeah, that's our dress code.
I've changed a lot in general. You'd be surprised =)
10% off, sounds like a good deal.
when i was in 7th grade we would get extra points if we wore a shirt that had something on it that was realted to the ropic of study.
10% off is better though :)
-heidi
Post a Comment