BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 13, 2005

it's been a looooooooooong week

So I wake up Monday morning and the first thought that ran through my head was, "Is it Friday??" It's not just me either. Everyone yesterday (Wednesday) kept thinking it was Thursday. I ask people how they are, and the most common response is, "Good. It's been a long week though." Yeah it is mid-semester (amazingly). Fall break is next week and everyone is just dying for it. A lot of people are going home, and there's a group going to New Orleans to help with hurricane clean-up. I'm going to stay with relatives in Louisville (it's so nice to type it and not have to say it, because it seems like no matter who I'm talking and how I say it, I never say it right. At lest I know how to spell it...right?). I think that what it is, next Wednesday, after classes, fall break begins. Then it's just a month until Thanksgiving, and Christmas is just a few weeks after that. Mid-terms and all don't help pass the days by quickly either.

Yeah...anyway, somehow I've developed this reputation in my unit for being evil. It's rather unbelievable the way I'm feared. I really think that they think that I'll kill them in their sleep. It's actually kind of fun, the power I wield. On the up side, I'm getting so much closer to the other girls in my unit. One of these days I'll have to "introduce" them.

Last week was made wonderful because of the love that was shown to me by my mom and LeAnne. I got 2 AWESOME packages. In the one I got from my mom I received my very own "Darth Tater." This would be Mr. Potato Head with Darth Vader stuff...he has the mask, cape, light saber...he's my room's new mascot. The one from LeAnne was a total life-saver. Seeing as I am in the middle of nowhere, I don't have a car, and I'm new at this whole college thing, I keep running out of food or not having the right food and I desperately need to go to Wal-Mart last week. Not to mention that I was having a bad day and was really lonely. Lo and behold, I got an amazing package full of food! Lots and lots of really good snacks...and the timing was just so awesome. Yeah, so I'm so thankful to my mom and LeAnne for doing that. I really needed that kind of encouragement.

Hopefully the rest of the day...and tomorrow will pass quickly...

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I know what you mean. This week has CRAWLED by. I think it must be global. Love ya lots!