BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 24, 2005

STOMP and Demon Hoses

I got back from Fall Break yesterday. It was great to get away. I can't even say how badly I do not want to be back here.

I almost didn't even get to go. I had spoken with my cousin Monica (she's actually like my second cousin on my mother's side...or something) in Louisville, KY back when I first got to school about going there for fall break. I hadn't heard from her since though, and I didn't have her number. So the night before she was supposed to come get me (Tuesday night), I finally got the number from my mom and gave her a call. This was the conversation:

Me: Hey Monica?
Monica: Yeah
Me: This is Jana.
Monica: Hi!!
Me: I'm calling about fall break.
(Awkward silence)
Monica: When is it?
Me: Tomorrow...
Monica: Oh...

Yeah, so there was more after that. It ended up working out ok. This conversation took place right before work that night, and I didn't find out whether or not things would work out until after work. So I was already pretty stressed going to work. I had no idea that I would have to deal with a possessed hose!

You see, one of my main jobs, especially one Tuesday nights when I close the dish pit, is to clean the belt. The belt is the conveyer belt thing that everyone puts their trays and dishes on as they leave the cafeteria. This is disgusting. It's not the top that needs to be cleaned, that's not bad at all, it's underneath. I have to pull the belt up and clean the underside and the stuff underneath which pretty much looks and smells like the whole school vomited into the belt. I've gotten use to it though. The thing is, the hose/power sprayer thing that I use, had apparently gotten broken or something. The nozzle was all ducktaped. I figured out why when I turned it on. Water started spraying EVERYWHERE. It was coming from every side in a bunch of different areas. I was able to wrap several towels around it and more or less control it, but I was still SOAKED by the time I finished. It was crazy though. It would just attack people!! I hate like 3 people trying to help me get it under control, and the floor was slippery...yeah... It was a bad night. It's hilarious looking back on it now.

As I said, it did work out fine for me to go to Louisville. I stayed with Monica, her husband Jason, and their 2 boys, Tyler (11 yrs.), and Jacob (9 yrs.). It was so nice. We really didn't do much of anything, which was great. However, on the very first night I was there we went and saw STOMP. Oh my gosh, it was so cool!! For those of you who don't know, STOMP is a group that plays music using everyday items. There was nothing on that stage that you would not be able to find in a Walmart, or even a back alley. They used everything from plastic grocery bags, to matchboxes, to basketballs, to sinks, to garbage cans. There's a lot of dancing and stuff involved. It was AMAZING!! If any of you ever have a chance to see them, take advantage of it.

Yeah...so break was good. The hose attacked me. Now I'm back at school where it's freezing, and I get to face the hose again tomorrow night... Joy...

Make sure you tune in tomorrow for the Question of the Week!! If you didn't answer the last one, do it!! You're missing out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a possessed hose... kind of reminds me of the demon smurf... but anyways, a demon hose would be a good thing in regards to waching my dishes... i haven't washed dishes since October 12. How can I be so precise? I washed them the day of the SCG/BiH soccer game since I had guests and didn't want them to think I was a total and utter slob... but now I have some nasty things in my kitchen to wash... bring on the demon hose because I'm sure I got some things in there that would challenge the nastiness of "underneath the belt" at Chucks!!

Anonymous said...

so, how does that work? they forgot to expect you, and yet, right when you come they take you out to a ultra-cool show! i'm impressed. Dolby is using stomp to show off their sound system before movies now. cool.

as for the hose. if Satan can take the form of a serpent, then why not...

Donovan

Anonymous said...

brings back memories of water spraying out of my radiator. another story that is not really funny until you are able to look back at it.
stomp sounds fun.
you should come to colorado sometime.
-heidi

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Stomp! Murmur. Murmur. Anyway, so glad you got to see away for the weekend! Pusa, Tiff