This week's question of the week is........................
WHY is there Braille on the keypads of the drive through ATMs??
Give me your thoughts. If you missed out on last week's question, you can still answer it. Come back next week for the question of the week.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Question of the Week!!
at 2:14 PM
Labels: Question of the Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Blind people can drive - haven't you seen the movie Sneakers?? Besides, if they didn't put braille on the drive-up ATM's, the ACLU would be all over them for discrimination... it's just easier and cheaper to to do the braille now then to wait for the litigation and lawsuits and have to put in new buttons later...
Oh come on Donovan... My answer was so much more interesting than yours... :)
all braille feels the same to me. Those little dots just do nothing for me.
in case the lights go out?
-heidi
Like LeAnne said it's so people don't think they're discriminating against blind people. Or maybe someone is incredibly farsighted and they can drive but don't have good enough eyesight to see that close and have to use braille.
Or maybe if your wanting to learn braille it makes it easier to learn that way you can get you money out without ever having to look at the ATM.
It would be kinda hard though thinking as how oyu would have to see what the choises are and how much your withdrawing.
It's a conspiracy. They're slowly converting everything to Braille so that.... we'll all know it?
And yes, the dots never meant much to me either. You have to have really sensitive fingers though. No calluses. Farmers are doomed.
I like sentences that begin with "Like LeAnne said..." Gosh that makes me feels good. Thanks Rusty! By the way, Rusty, do you want to house sit for me next week??? Thursday to Friday????? You could answer me in braille, but that just may be way too complicated...
I love you Jana... I'm praying for you and I will call you later today...
it is a conspiracy!! i KNEW it!! everything's a conspiracy... yeah, braille never did anything for me. after i read "hellen keller" the first time i seriously tried to learn. that was a joke and a half... that explains why sign language is so widely taught but not braille... it's freaking in impossible.
i actually think that the braille people are jealous of the sign language people and all the people who can hear but know sign language. they want the people who can see to be able to read braille...so they put it even in places where blind people won't need it to try and take the world over and brainwash us with braille...or something...
yeah, i'm so glad you guys are helping me thing through this!!
What would you do w/out us, Jana?
But seriously, I read Helen Keller and I learned sign language as a result. Braille I tried later and gave up after about five seconds. Sometimes, you just know when some things just won't be fixed. Verbal pauses come to mind.
But why do they need to be smooth? Smooth talkers have become some of the most hated people on this planet. So verbal pauses make you liked. And everybody likes to be liked.
I liked the Helen Keller book, but I only learned the letters in sign langauge. People who read braille are amazing. I don't know if I could do it if i had to.
hmm...the sun positioning theory is fascinating...
Instead of learning braille, I think that audio books are the way to go. Much easier. Tiff
Post a Comment