
I realized, after my previous post, that putting the question of the week in with anything else is just a bad idea. People don't answer it!! Although, I do thank the few of you who did. You are the faithful. As a result of this discovery, I've decided that you'll just have to wait until tomorrow for the question of the week because I promised this particular post would be next, so it is.
I don't think everyone is entirely familiar with the genius of the title of this post. First of all, it's Bosnian and it means, "If you don't already have cancer, you're going to get it." Now, take the first letter of each word (ANIRD), now reverse them. What do we get? DRINA!!!!! Drina is pretty much the cheapest cigarette and among the most used in Bosnia. The other major brand is Ronhill. Now, Ronhill does cost about twice as much (like a 30 cents more), but I guess it really depends on your preference.
Word has reached me of a discussion taking place among some of my dear friends back in Zenica. I was shocked to learn that there is a difference of opinion about which cigarette brand has a more pleasant smell. Apparently, the eldest of the Summay boys (I won't mention their names), actually prefer Drina to Ronhill!! How could this happen??
Now, I'm actually perfectly content to be in America where I don't have to be around second-hand smoke at all, but there are times when we are forced to inhale this poison. I also realize that there are many other, more pleasant brands out there, MC for example, but these are the 2 that I have had to be subjected to the most, and this is true for most of my readers as well.
I would have to say that Ronhill has a clearer composition when it has been exhaled. It may have to do with higher quality ingredients, or it could just be the fact everything is better when it costs more (you all know it's true!). However, my biggest theory as to why Ronhill smoke is better, actually has more to do with the people than the cigarette. I think that their breath probably smells better to begin with. They eat their Bronhi. Besides, Ronhill has prettier boxes, and we all know that the better the packaging, the better the stuff inside it.
I know I have not presented scientific facts, and I don't pretend to actually know what I'm talking about, this is just the opinion that has come as the result of experience.
Disclaimer: This blog in no way condones or encourages the smoking of any brand of cigarette...or smoking anything for that matter. This was not meant to offend anyone (especially the people who don't eat their Bronhi). Nor is this the writing of an expert. The author takes no responsibility for any misconceptions or incorrect statements within or which come as the result of this blog. If you have a problem with this, you probably should get over it. My lawyers are better than yours.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Ako Nisi Im'o Rak Dobices
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
your blog made me want to start smoking... gee, thanks
i prefer the smell of drina over ronhill. ronhill i think is the stinkiest of all the available brands.\
heidi
I agree Jana! YOu my gal!!
wow...cussing and smoking on my blog... what has my world come to?
i have far less experience with "8" and "moj broj" but i did acknowledge that there are other brands. drina and ronhill are simply the most common. i'm sure there are more pleasant brands than ronhill, after all, they are more expensive. all i'm saying ronhill is better than drina.
i am so proud of you for passing the CLEP!!!!!!!!!!
Pot beats them all.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! You're so right Kelly!!!!
dad...that's the point...
Post a Comment