This doesn't exactly follow the light "Question of the Week" format, but this has been an ongoing discussion between a few of my friends at school and myself. I already have a bunch of arguments and my own opinion, but I want to see where this goes. Here's the question:
Is pain truly pain if you cannot feel it?
If anymore clarification is needed for the question I will provide it, but I'm going to leave it at this for now.
P.S. If anyone mentions the old, "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, did it make a sound" question, I will not be happy. Stick to this one question, please.
Sunday, May 28, 2006
Question...
at 6:10 PM
Labels: Question of the Week, Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yeah i dont really know. but i have a cold right now and i just wanna kick it!! grr. BUT HEY...tomorrow i'm going to honduras. no tonite. well w/e it is. wanna come w/ me? i'd love that. man. ok well i'll talk to you in like eleven days from now. :) love ya jana -amy
well, if a tree falls in the forest... just kidding, just kidding...
Well, you have those people who have the birth defect of not being able to feel pain - so if they put their hand on a hot stove, they get serious burns because they don't feel the pain (which would tell them to remove their had from the stove), which, in part, is a defense mechanism for knowing danger... so in regards to physical pain, i would say no, pain is not pain if you can't feel it.
In regards to emotional pain... a lot of people deny feeling pain... when a person hardens themself to the pian, are they really not feeling it, or are they just ignoring it or denying it? I guess that is a relative question that only individuals can answer for themselves...
no.
Post a Comment