BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 25, 2006

still here...

Yes yes, I'm still alive. I'm sorry for those of you who check blogs regularly and are getting frustrated with me for not updating. I feel your pain, I really do. When I was in the States I routinely checked everyone's blogs and many of you do not update nearly often enough... It is the summer, however, and I have no routine, so we all just have to take what we can get.

This post will mostly be for the benefit of those of you across the ocean, to update you on my life here and all. I can't believe that I only have just over a month left. I leave here on July 27th. That's so soon! I'm not ready for this to end. I've loved spending time in Bosnia. It's been amazing seeing my friends here and spending time with people. There's still so much I want to do before I leave.

I've kept relatively busy, but I've also had a lot of time on my hands, which is good. The one thing that really concerns me though is that I should be studying for my Western Civ. I CLEP exam, and I haven't. That's not a good thing.

Right when I got here, the high school co-op (for the TCKs/MKs here) had their second annual banquet. It was very important to me that I be here for that, and I'm so glad that I was. I had so much fun! I've also spent about a week total with my friends, Kelly and Shannon, just over the border in Croatia. That's been a blast!! I pretty much grew up with these two, and I can't wait for them to come see me in New York!

One of the sadder things of this trip took place last night when I said good-bye to Larissa. I mean, on the one hand it won't affect me, because she's moving back to America too, and if anything I'll probably be more likely to see her there, but her whole family is moving to Florida, a place that is far from home for her, and I can really relate to that. It's so sad and so hard.

I've also had the chance to go to another town, Visoko, which is about 40 min. away (or 2 hours if you're in the fico, like I was), to work with Donovan and Jocelyn Jocque and their team. I went there with my friend Rusty (he drove the fico) and helped with an English club at the high school for several days.

About 2 weeks ago we had a lock-in down in Sarajevo with the co-op group. That was a blast, although very few made it through the night. This goes out to my buddy Ben Summay who made it the night with me!! I know a few others did too, but Ben really shared the moment with me (sniff sniff), rock on!! Ok, so one of the funniest things of the summer took place at this lock-in, but to read about it you'll have to go to Rusty's blog http://rhythmicmotion.blogspot.com/ to read about it.

In addition to all this, it's been really great just to relax with LeAnne at her house. Thank God for friends who are more than happy to let you stay at their house rent-free...all she asks is that I do the dishes, and I do...most of the time. In such a difficult time of transition, what with school and my family and all, LeAnne's house is really (and has been) kind of a safe haven for me, and LeAnne has been an amazing support.

Oh yeah...I just realized that I haven't mentioned this on my blog yet, although most of you should know this by now, but my mom is pregnant again. She's due in October. So far the pregnancy is going perfectly, although it's kind of rough right now because she's right at the point she was when Gabriel died last year. So you all can pray for that.

I also just heard from 2 of my new roommates at King's. They're just the basic, introductory emails, and I don't know anything about the third girl. I know most of you prayed for me and my roommate before and during my time at Cedarville, and those prayers really paid off with Carolyn. I am nervous going into this again. I really hope my introvertedness doesn't scare anyone off and all that. You all know how I can be ;)

One more thing that I'd really appreciate you all praying for is Jorge. I haven't heard from my hot, Mexican, Navy man in almost a month. I know that this isn't unusual, considering the circumstances, but it is the longest it's been since he's contacted me, and I can't help but worry just a bit. So please pray for him.

I guess that's more than enough for now, and I'm sure that it was very confusing for those of you who really don't know much about my life in Bosnia... Oh well it happens. Sorry this was so long. I try not to do this often, but the more infrequently I write, the more I have to write when I do! Maybe I won't take as long before posts this time...then again, maybe I will...

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Would you stop blogging and wash the freaking dishes already?!?!?!

LeAnne said...

Just kidding... I'm glad you're here too. It's been a good summer.


Ok, enough of the fluff... go wash the dishes...

Anonymous said...

hey you! i'm glad you updated this thing already. thanks for the comment on xanga, as well.
So i was thinking. (oh no) and this is what i thought. right now, i am in the US and Jana is in Europe. Come August, our roles will REVERSE! how weird is that. and it will keep being like that til we're both in the states again. i'm saddened about not seeing you in my room all the time. but u know, people come and go and we have to move on. but I am so thankful for our friendship that we got to build those last few months of school. i love you girl!! (ok sorry for the mush lol but i had to! just one of those moments.) -amy