Well, I'm posting because I feel like it, not because I have anything to say. This summer has flown. Honestly, I've been so depressed the last few days because I only have 2 weeks left. I feel like I just wrote the post where I was 2 weeks away from coming here. This time will probably be a lot harder than last year. This time I don't know when I'll be back.
This summer has flown. Although, at times, it has been kind of slow. Not in a bad way at all. It's been pretty relaxing. This may be the last REAL summer I have to just relax. One of the depressing facts of this summer is that I just haven't accomplished many of the goals I'd hoped to. I wasn't able to get any useful information about a job or internship at the embassy. I haven't studied for my Western Civ. CLEP exam (even though Jocelyn loaned me a book for it). I'd also just hoped to do a bit of reading, but that's not getting anywhere. I've tried getting through "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. It's boring the heck out of me. And I've made a truly valiant effort to read "Blue Like Jazz," but I just can't get into it. I'm sure it has more to do with my current short attention span than the book itself. The most I've accomplished is to watch a record number of TV show seasons on DVD.
On the brighter side, I have been in touch with Jorge. I've gotten some letters from him and he called me on my birthday! I even got invited to a military ball in November after he gets back.
Other than that there's not a whole lot to report. I have had such a great time in Bosnia, and I really hope that the dread of leaving doesn't shadow the time I have left. At least I have NYC to look forward to!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
summer...
at 6:33 PM
Labels: Life's Hard, Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
No shadows - we're going to have fun your last 2 weeks here :)
once you read one Dan Brown book, you've read them all...
If you want, I can sing you a resounding rendition of "Neeeeeew Yooooooooooork - NeeeeeEEEEEEw Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooook!!"
I haven't read any Dan Brown books, but I am interested in reading "Blue Like Jazz". And dont worry Jana, we all will miss as much as you will miss Bosnia.
im sad for you.
any chance of coming to colorado before new york?
im moving to lakewood, you know, so i would be really close. AND ill know my way around a little better! driving around denver is the best with you :)
-h
i wish i could make it out to colorado, but i just can't afford it. i'll be out for christmas again though!
You've also got Christmas to look forward to!
sweeet, we will chill over christmas break (and i mean literally CHILL)
-h
Post a Comment