You know me, I'm not superstitious, and I'm no more superstitious at this moment than I was 24 hours ago. It's just been kind of ironic (and it sounded like a good title for my post). I can't go into everything so publicly, but let's just say that things have gotten really interesting with one of my roommates. These last couple of weeks have been crazy! And just when I thought things were calming down, it all exploded in our faces.
I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night and had a big midterm in Politics today. I at least don't think I failed it. It's actually a great class. I'm learning a lot, but because of everything else going on, I was not able to prepare properly for this.
The best part though, is that tonight, at work, I was closing with one of the shift supervisors, Jimmy. We were actually getting ready to leave. I was just finishing up some dishes in the back. Then I hear a noise, like rain, in the store. I turned off all the water I was using, and listened. Sure enough, there was a small stream of water falling from the other side of our hot water heater. I go looking for Jimmy, but couldn't find him. Finally I get him, and by the time we made it back to the back room water was pouring EVERYWHERE, and not just water, but scalding hot water. We ended up having to get the building manager, and even call the fire department. I was actually kind of sad when the water stopped before the FDNY actually got there. All I got to do was go out and tell them everything was ok. They were the sweetest guys though!! I mean, this New York Firefighter is something that is just super hyped up, they're amazing! Anyway, they left pretty quick though.
So...Jimmy and I stuck had to stay around. It's almost 3 AM and I just got home. The building people shut off all the water to the store. Hopefully the law firm that has archives down below us didn't get too much damage, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure we flooded the archives. I hope we don't get sued... You don't want to mess with a law firm like this! I guess a plumber is coming tomorrow. The store won't be able to open until sometime in the afternoon, which means that we'll get to deal with some very ticked of customers. Oh well... I'm supposed to go in at 4:15, and it should be open by then. *Sigh* Good ol' Starbucks...
Yeah, so it's been quite a day, and there's more that I didn't include, but they were small things. You know how things just build up and in the end something like this happens and all you can do is laugh? It's not like I burst out laughing along with the water pipe bursting, but afterward I couldn't help it. It was just like, "Yeah, this would happen to me, especially now." It's so freaking ironic!
Saturday, October 14, 2006
and what a Friday the 13th it was...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hope things with your roommate work out. Good luck w/ angry managers. The Internet is such a blessing, It's nice to keep updated.
OK, I'm curious about he roommate thing now. But I know that a public blog is no place for other people's business.
Great story about the flood. I guess if the folks downstairs sue, someone's gonna be in hot water. (pun intended).
Not ironic at all though. Quite the opposite. Ironic would be if you were superstitious about Friday 13th, but nothing bad ever happened to you on that date - instead really great things. Ironic would be if the place downstairs had just spent millions installing sprinklers to protect their files from fire damage only to have them ruined by water from Starbucks.
ironic |īˈränik| adjective using or characterized by irony • happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this : it was ironic that now that everybody had plenty of money for food, they couldn't obtain it because everything was rationed.
i didn't know donovan was a waling dctionary as well...
Post a Comment