BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Life is always exciting in New York

Well, the Yankees just lost Cory Lidle, the pitcher that they traded the Phillies for. He crashed his plane into a high rise apartment on the Upper East Side, killing himself, and 5 others (I think that's what the report is right now). I guess it was due to a fuel problem.

It was interesting in the city right after it happened though. I had a class from 2-5, with a 15 minute break in the middle. It was during that break that I found out about what happened. It had only been just about 15-20 minutes since the crash. I ran back to my apartment and called parents, grandparents, and also received calls from Larissa and LeAnne. I guess people were worried =) At first though, it was really kind of scary. No one had any idea exactly what was going on or how many people were dead. All we knew is that a plane crashed in the a building on 72nd Street (about 3 miles away). It could have been anything.

After my class I actually walked all the way down there in my pouring rain. This picture kind of shows the view that I had. I really need to get a digital camera so that I can post my own pictures. It was getting dark when I got there, but I could see where it hit. Of course, since it was only a couple hours after it happened, here were still cops and emergency people everywhere, and the press was there and there were some onlookers, but in general it really didn't seem to be a big deal.

Anyway, this was my interesting day.

1 comments:

LeAnne said...

It was more interesting than my day... :)