Yeah...I'm trying to figure out this stupid Blogger Beta thing. I don't get it. So my blog might look funny for a while...I don't like it like this but I haven't been able to figure out how to make the changes I want. I could go mess with the HTML stuff more, because I tend to be able to stumble my way through that and make it look decent, but I don't particularly enjoy it and I have other things to worry about.
I have an exam on The Pilgrim's Progress tomorrow. I assume that most of you have read it. Those who haven't really should. One thing that I've been thinking about lately is that Christian only gets his burden as he's reading the Book. That kind of makes sense because later, when he's at the Interpreter's house, he sees the dusty room that is swept, and dust flies everywhere, then water is sprinkled and settles the dust so it can be swept up. The first sweeping represents the Law, and the Law is what makes people aware of their sin, but will only make things worth if it is taken by itself. The water is God's grace and salvation that allows the sin (dust) to be taken away. What I'm saying is, that as Christian is reading his Book, he's reading the Law, so he becomes aware of his sin.
What I don't understand is why others don't get burdens on their backs as they learn more about it. Like Pliable, he's really ready and willing to go with Christian, and gets stressed out by everything Christian tells him, but even as he's learning about it, he doesn't get a burden. Why? The same goes for Christiana and Mercy in the second part of the story...I don't know. I was just wondering.
Monday, October 09, 2006
blogger beta
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know nothing about Pilgrim's Progress... never read it. Does that make me less of a Christian?? Great... add another one to the list of why 'm one of the lesser... :) Just kidding. But yeah, never read it. I think I tried once, but couldn't get into it.
Hope the test went well, and I'm sure you'll have one hot looking blog in no time...
the new blog is taking shape... looking good!!
i had a kid's version of it when i was little and it was one of my favorite books. i probably read it a couple times a year! i loved it!
it really is a good book. i don't agree with anything in it and every metaphor like that breaks down at some point, but it is good.
i did well on the exam by the way...
Post a Comment