BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 08, 2006

a great end to a hellish week

This last week has seriously been the week from hell. One of the worst I've had, at least for a long time. Things were crazy bad with roommate situations, my boss had me working crazy hours, school was rough, I had an outbreak of eczma all over my body, and I honestly didn't know if this week would ever end. It did end though, and I couldn't be more thankful. The thing that got me through was the fact that Kelly, yes, Kelly Pedroni, visited me today!!!!!!!

Her school had chartered a bus to come to New York for the day. It was only $15 per person and they had 8 hours to spend, as they wished, in the city. I met her in Times Square and we had a wonderful day walking around the city and Central Park. I got to show her my favorite places, and it just seemed so natural for her to be here. I feel extremely refreshed, and I can't wait for her, or the next of my friends to come visit.

Please continue to pray for me, as this next week promises to be another long one. Things with my roommate are much better and my skin is healing, which are both really good. I do, however, have 2 big exams this week and my boss has me working more hours than I should.

Another couple of good things: I've really connected with some people at work, including this girl named Diana, so work is getting more enjoyable. My boyfriend should be shipping out of Iraq on the 15th (you can pray that actually happens). I'm also doing very well in most of my classes (but you can pray for Macroeconomics, that one is killing me).

A random note though, I go down to the Rockefeller Center quite often, just because I like the atmosphere there and it's a little off the road. When I was there last week there was an outdoor cafe down there, but when Kelly and I went there today they already had the ice skating rink set up!!! I couldn't believe that it was already there!! Watching the skaters is fun though. For those of you who don't know much about the Rockefeller Center, check it out on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Center

Anyway, that's just my life right now. Don't get me wrong, even though this last week has been rough, it's still totally worth it to be here, and I have grown so much in just the last month, it's been incredible!!!

1 comments:

LeAnne said...

I'm really glad you and Kelly had such a good time. I'll be praying for you this week...