BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 10, 2006

I may be pathetic, but my life isn't boring

I actually had plans for a big serious post. In fact, I have a partial rough draft of it, but due to recent developments it had to be postponed.

Ok, so I don't have a life. I have so little of a life that my day consists of sleeping as late as possible, going to class, going to Starbucks, talking on the phone, doing homework, going back to sleep; in that order. Seriously, this is my every day (except for when I go to Colorado). This is even my day when I don't have work. The only exceptions are the weekends. Saturday's class time is spent doing homework. Sunday's is spent at church. But yes, I go to Starbucks every single day. I think I'm addicted.

The fact is, I still don't really have friends at school. All of my friends are at Starbucks. This is both a good and a bad thing. I wish I had friends at school, but I love my friends at Starbucks. This has also led to the pathetic-ness of me hanging out there on my day off, a very loser-ish thing to do by all standards. The really funny thing is that I've started a trend where EVERYONE has started hanging out there in their off time. I actually think that I'm about to get in trouble for it, but oh well.

The whole point of me telling you this is leading to my story. I went into Starbucks around 6:30 yesterday evening. I hung out there, and I stayed until they closed at 10. Then I stayed even later until they were done shutting everything done. Finally, around 12:30 we left. Yes, I spent like 6 hours there. I did actually get a lot of homework done though, so it wasn't all bad.

When we finally left the store, Diana, Jimmy, and I were standing outside talking. Out of nowhere, at the nearest intersection, about half a block away. We see a taxi run a red light and a Cadillac make an illegal left turn, both going really fast. The Caddy rams the cab, sending it out of control toward the curb, where is smashes into, and somehow wedges under a parked VW Jetta. It was incredible. I still do not know how it all happened, it was so fast. Fortunately, no one else was really close, and we were fine, but we ran right to the site.

There were three or four guys in the Cadillac. They were fine, and their car will survive. The cab had a passenger and the driver couldn't open his door. The Jetta was a disaster, and was ON the hood of cab. I could only feel extremely sorry for the owner of the poor, innocent bystanding car.

The police got there pretty quick. They got the woman passenger out of the taxi and into an ambulance pretty quick, but I don't think she had any serious injuries. The cabby had to stay in the car until they could pry him out. They put a neck brace on him and carted him off too. Although, honestly, I was there. I heard him talking before and after the cops arrived. I don't doubt that he had some whiplash, but as soon as the police were involved he got a lot more dramatic.

That was my fascinating night. As a result though, I didn't get back until like 3 a.m. I then proceeded to stay up all night write a paper. I get to nap for an hour between class and work, then I get to close...fun for me!

Anyway, look at the pictures I took with my camera phone. I hope you can see them. The pictures I took before with them were big and good, these are tiny and fuzzy, but hopefully you can see how the Jetta is on top of the taxi.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Exciting!

There are setting in your camera for the size of pictures it takes. Look under size or quality or resolution or something like that.

LeAnne said...

cool pictures.....

Unknown said...

So Jana you should make a tv show about you and your friends always hanging out in Starbucks, Kind of a mix between cheers and Friends and show all the interaction between everyone that works there and the customers and once in a while get scenes of cabs hitting cars and water flooding the store. Glad to hear you were able to visit your family. Hope you have a great day.

Shannon said...

But next weekend won't be the same, and I must stress that you WILL NOT be hanging out at Starbucks the whole time. I can't wait to see where you work, but we're not staying there for 6 hours. I do hope you won't go through withdrawal. :o) Love ya!

LeAnne said...

I'm just leaving another comment to see if it works because firefox is being a real pain in the butt at the moment... hope you had a good nap :)

Becky said...

Do you know why they were driving so fast and why they hit each other? Miss ya!

~Becky

Jana said...

well becky, they were driving so fast because it was late at night and there wasn't a lot of trafic, and they hit each other because they were both breaking the law and not paying attention.

and yeah scott, i bet we could make a tv show. there is plenty of drama and excitement after all. love...hate...deceit...friendship...it would be amazing and i'd probably win an award for it. if it works out i'll let you know. i'll even thank you in my acceptance speech =)

Anonymous said...

can i be a part of the tv show? any part, i dont really care.
anyway wow jana. im glad ur safe. it seems like there's always bad things happening in that place and its quite dangerous. i hope you stay far enough away from danger! seriously. but i know ur a big girl. :-) ahh i miss you lots! ttyl love, bulgaria