You would think that I'd be use to it by now. Actually, probably not. Most of you know that you don't get use to it...ever. If not use to it, you'd think that I wouldn't be struggling with this when I'm just on break and I know that I'm only here for a limited time. I don't know why it's bothering me so much, but it is. It's time for me to go again.
I leave the house at 6 a.m. tomorrow. My flight departs at 8:45. I'm surprised at how much I'm dreading it. It could mostly be because I'm going back to a new apartment, that isn't nearly as nice as my old one, new roommates (at least I'm still rooming with Jill), and new classes, especially the fact that I STILL don't know what my schedule will be. I'll be going into class on Tuesday not sure of where I have to be after my first class period. Since it's a holiday weekend, there's no way to find out. If there weren't as many unknowns it would probably be easier.
The hardest part is obviously saying good-bye to Daniela. I'm not sure how long it will be before I see her again. Regardless, it will be several months and she will have grown so much. She's remained an unusually adorable baby. It will be hard saying bye to the rest of my family too. My other siblings are growing up much faster than I can keep track of. I actually found myself telling someone that Michaela was six a few months ago! I can't believe that she's 10. She's grown up so much, just since I saw her this summer. Josiah is 12 and in jr. high. it's crazy. The craziest part is that Caleb is almost 15!! He'll be able to get his learner's permit in a year! Scary...
I've just gotten comfortable here. That's always the most dangerous part. This isn't where I want to be. The house is small, I don't want to be in Colorado, and I love my life in New York. I've just gotten use to be here. In a week I'll be back into my old life. I'm just not ready to be that tired and stressed all the time. You don't realized how exhausted you are until you actually have a chance to rest and breathe. Colorado has been good for that. I've missed New York. I truly am looking forward being back in the city. I've missed it.
I'm just feeling a lot of mixed feelings. I've had a pretty good time, other than all the snow and cold. Everyone out here has expressed disbelief in the amount of snow and the duration of the cold. Right now it's 3 degrees Fahrenheit out there. Last night it was -4. It's ridiculous. One of the very cool things is that I've been able to see Andy, Zach, and Heidi since I've been here. That's has been fun. It's always great to see people I knew in Bosnia.
Anyway, I need to go finish up my laundry and packing. Don't forget to pray for LeAnne as she's making her final moving trip to Croatia in the morning. Next time I write from New York!
Sunday, January 14, 2007
time to go...again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Leaving is hard. I don't expect you to get used to it. I adapt better than Jocelyn, but it's still hard. Good thing that this world is not our home.
You can never completely get used to it.
Post a Comment