It's been yet another REALLY long week... I had a lot of tests. I a lot of work... The good news is, we have a new hose in the dish pit!! The bad news is, it SNOWED on Monday!! It didn't stick or anything, but the fact that there was snow falling with the rain makes me sick. I'm glad that my roommate is from Tennessee, where it seldom gets this cold all year, and we can be miserable in the cold together. I actually think that this place might be more depressing in the winter than even Bosnia. Cornfields in the winter are not pretty.
I'm officially a real college student. I pulled my first allnighter on Thursday. I didn't get nearly as much work done as I'd hoped to.
Last night, around 11, Carolyn (my roommate), Jennifer (a girl in my unit), and I decided that we needed to do something. We tried desperately to get a group of guys to hang out with us, but that just didn't work so well. I began to resent my roommate when she wasn't willing to get a hold of some friends of hers. She suggested that we go do one of these corn maze things that they have out here. So we did. It turns out that they weren't corn mazes, but "mazes of terror." I bought the tickets and Carolyn decides to chicken out!!! Jennifer and I literally grabbed her by both arms and tried to drag her into the maze. She would not come!! Oh my gosh, we were so mad at her! The maze was about to close though so Jennifer and I went on in with one of the guys who works there as our guide. It was amazing and terrifying. First the guy went, then Jennifer went, literally clutching him around the waist for dear life, and I went behind holding onto her. Most of you know me, I do not freak out easily...but wow! My adrenaline was pumping like nothing I've ever experienced. I guess this maze was rated a 10 on a scale of 1-10 last year by customers.
When we came out, Carolyn was gone. We almost left her we were so mad. We looked everywhere. Of course were really jumpy so looking everywhere meant looking everywhere that was out in the open where no one could scare us. All the employees were coming out of the maze and taking off their masks and stuff. Finally she comes out. She was IN the maze!! I guess they took her in when they were shutting things down so that all the effects and scary people were gone. We were so angry... The only consolation is that they did manage send the chain saw guys on her. It's a good thing!
I seriously would not talk to her most of the rest of the night... It was her brilliant idea to begin with... Yeah. I started talking to her, but she knows I haven't forgiven her. Grr...people!
Anyways, it was awesome! The only problem is that my adrenaline was going so strong that it was very late before I fell asleep. Remember, this is right after pulling an allnighter and just getting a 2-hour nap. It's all good now though. I slept until well into the afternoon today.
Yeah...so scary mazes are one of my new favorite things. Another is being mad at my roommate.
Rock on people.
Oh yes...and a VERY happy birthday to my dear Larissa (yesterday)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're so OLD...
Saturday, October 29, 2005
A few of my favorite things...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I would have left her... I'n glad you went and had fun. I'm bored. Today was the first day since your dad left that I got really bored. So... ho hum... la di da... yeah... no one to message or call... actually I did call your dad today. Eight time zones away and he still can't escape me. hahahahahahahah (evil laugh)
So now the Blair Witch Project is on TV. I don't know why I'm watching it since I have the video... I know you think it's stupid, but i thing it's such a cool movie. I always liked it - especially since it was so low-budget and raked in the dough. Gotta love that even if you hate the movie.
Ok, well, will talk to you later! Love ya!!
Oh, did your friend grab the guys "waste" or his "waist?" She (and he) must have been pretty scared if she grabbed his waste... that's really gross and NOT a pretty picture... love you love you love you!!
leanne...you're a freak
I am not a freak - loser...
I went to something like that in Georgetown when i was a lot younger, they toned the maze down but i was still scared to tears.
But beyond that note it sounds really cool that you got to do that.
Hope your having a good time.
There's something to be said for cornfields. Glad you had fun. Pusa, Tiff
Post a Comment