BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 14, 2005

Hair Cut: Take 2

First of all...I got my hair cut! Yes, finally! It's seriously about time. I've been planning on getting it cut ever since I came to this country, but I ran out of time. I was going to do it our last couple of days in Missouri before coming to school, but all of my plans (which included a great deal of shopping as well) had to be set aside when my mom went into the hospital. Now it's finally done, and seriously, it's the shortest it's been since I was like 4. It's shoulder length with some longish layers. One of the girls in my unit did it for me. It wasn't what I wanted, but she did a good job, and when she dries and straightens it it looks good, but if you know me at all, you know I'm much too lazy to spend that much time on my hair.

This was actually remarkably like the last time a friend cut my hair... Yeah, it happened about the same time of night. She'd been begging to do it since I got here, but there was never time. We had an audience who made most of the same comments. Even the results were about the same! It was much shorter than I'd requested it to be and the person responsible hid in another room to wait out my reaction... Wow...amazing. Yes, most of you should know what I'm talking about. If you don't, I shouldn't mention names, but Amber still claims that she was just trying to make it even. This actually made me miss her, and everyone else who was present at the time, a whole lot. One of the major differences here though, was that Brady wasn't here to hand me a knife to first use on her, and then on me.

I did have a good weekend though. Many of you who have been to SHARE or have spent a lot of time around my parents have heard of Dr. Kathy Koch. She has an organization called Celebrate Kids down in Texas. She is an incredible speaker and just an amazing woman all around. She and my parents are really good friends. I've known her for most of my life. Her niece, Katie, goes here, and Dr. Kathy came up to speak at a conference and visit Katie. I got to eat lunch with them last Wednesday here at school, and then on Saturday she took me shopping and out to eat. That was amazing! It was so good to see someone who knew me and cared about me. I mean, I know that there are a lot of people who care about me, but they're not HERE, so to see was really really good for me. She was incredibly encouraging and it was so nice to get off campus and eat somewhere other than Chuck's.

Make sure you come back tomorrow for the question of the week!!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

you should let me cut your hair. Remember what a good job I did colroing it when that freak0-out hair dresser did it that awful red color... oh my goodness that was horrible. But I redeemed you... Yeah, post a picture - listen to Donovan

Russell Summay said...

I agree with donovan. Where' the picture, i gotta see.

Jana said...

I took a picture, but I don't have a digital camera (it's on my to get list), so you'll all have to wait until I get it developed.