Happy November everybody!! I love the changing of the month because it reassures me that time actually is passing. Ok, the question of the week is...
Why do we say "heads up" when we really mean "duck"??
Have a great first of November!!
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Question of the Week!!
at 3:44 PM
Labels: Question of the Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Because if you yell "DUCK!" people would jump up looking for a duck... then that would defeat the purpose and they would get hit in the head with whatever you were throwing at them... not that I throw things at people... DUCK!!!
Jana, I kind of updated my blog... I'm heading to bed... love ya and goodnight!
because we are mean and tricky
-heidi
If we really wanted them not to get hit in the head with something hard then we'd yell get down. Or perhaps it's because we know that no matter what we say they're going to look around before ducking anyways.
I agree with Rusty. It's hopeless, so we just yell heads up in order to feel psychic even for a short while.
I think it because we want them to KNOW what hit them and who is responsible. It is a rather vindictive thing to say. "Duck" is much more annonymous and doesn't accept responsibility.
odysseymama
Post a Comment