Yeah so, I've had every intention of posting at least twice between each question of the week. Apparently I've had a little trouble with that. I don't know if I'm just lazy or uninspired. Anyway, nothing exciting has been happening so I'll just get to the question of the week:
Why is the name for the fear of long words hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia??
I'm not even kidding. Google it if you don't believe me.
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Question of the Week...and some other stuff too
at 8:18 PM
Labels: Question of the Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Combination of elements suggesting largeness or length, deliberately forming a word likely to induce the fear it denotes: hippopotomonstro- (irregular blend [influenced by connective -o-, from French, from Latin, from Greek—connective vowel of most nouns and adjectives in combination] of hippopotamus and monstro-, from Latin monstr-, monstrum, monster) + sesquippedalio- (incorrectly formed from sesquipedalian or Latin sesquipedalia, things one and a half feet long) + -phobia. There... that's why it's called what it is...
holy freaking cow leanne...that was waaaaaay too involved. i think i feel smarter just after making a lame attempt to read that. like seriously, my iq just went up.
don't you wish you were as smart as me???
Post a Comment