BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 02, 2005

Introducing...Jorge Luis Medina

Well, I honestly never imagined that I would be blogging about this kind of thing at this point in time, but here I am.

Everyone, this is Jorge (George) Medina. He is my boyfriend. That is so weird to say!! This has actually been a while in the works, I just haven't wanted to say anything about it until now. Some of you know about him, most of you don't have a clue.

I met him back in July, when I was in Connecticut. In fact, I met him the first time on the day that I arrived from Bosnia. He was a friend of a friend and we hung out as a group almost every day of the 2 weeks that I was there. During the middle of my last week there he told me he was attracted to me...yadda yadda boy-meets-girl etc... Now, not to say that I wasn't attracted to him, we had just met and I was going off to school and all. We decided to just remain friends, stay in touch, get to know each other better, and see where this went.

So I've kinda-sorta-not really had a boyfriend since July. HOWEVER, he decided to come out and spend Thanksgiving with my family in Missouri!! He met my family. Everyone got along with everyone. He knows my grandma (my dad's mom) in Connecticut. She loves him to pieces. On his last night in Missouri, last Sunday night, it became official.

So, about him. He's 22. Both of his parents are from Mexico but he's lived his whole life in Oregon. He's in the Navy now, which is how I met him in CT. In 3 days (December 5) he is deployed to California for intensive training and at the beginning of February they are shipping him off to Iraq for 9 months. He's actually a corpsman, which is a medic. The Marines don't have their own medics so they use the Navy medics. So Jorge (I do call him George) is going with a troup of 15 Marines to patrol the front lines in Iraq.

Yeah...that's that. Seriously, this whole post was surreal. I'm sure some of you are in shock, but most of you are probably chuckling... Yeah... How weird is this?

My computer is supposed to arrive on Wednesday. I'll be able to get back to my regular posting then.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Ahhh! I'm the first to comment! What a shock.

Very happy with the Thanksgiving outcome, Jana, I'd been keeping my fingers crossed.

And everyone, as being one of the few privileged people to meet him, take it from me. He is VERY hot. Like male Tiffany-ness. We need to think up a word for that.

LeAnne said...

You didn't tell me you updated and now I'm not the first to respond... oh well, I was the first to know... :)

Yep, he's pretty hot - Of course, he's what, like 12 years my junior, so that's just very sick and wrong that i would even mention the fact that he's hot.

love you

Kait said...

wow Jana! what a Hot guy!!! I'm happy for you. It's sad that he has to go to Iraq though...love you!

William A. Summay said...

OH, JANA, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
it is a little odd hearing that you have a boyfriend, but im sure you two are happy, nonetheless.
RELATIVES!!!

William A. Summay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Larissa said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! WHAT A HOTTIE!! whew hoo!! Jana you sure know how to pick them!! By mom always thought that you would be the first one married! lol

that is so weird that you have a boyfriend! I need to call you! like yes now!

lov you lots and lots