BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Question of the Week!!

Who makes up the names for crayons? For example, midnight blue, who decides how blue midnight is anyway??

10 comments:

Janelle said...

People who think the World should perceive colours the way that they do? in highly-saturated, uniquely-termed colours? I dunno. o_o

...so what if it's salmon, it's all pink to me. XD

...You know I just had to comment on this, didn't you?

Shannon said...

because there really ARE different shades of blue and red and pink and purple and every other color out there.

Anonymous said...

Occasionally Crayola invites the public to name a color. They come up with several possibilities and then we get to vote on them. Other than that, I think they just fall back on old standbys and the input of educators.
Oh, did you not want the real answer? Sorry. I just like colors and have always enjoyed my crayon box. Blue is NOT just blue and red is NOT just red!

Anonymous said...

the real question...... how can i get that job??
:) heidi

Becky said...

THEY make up the names...

~Becky~

LeAnne said...

how's things going with Jorge?

Anonymous said...

i know like macoronni and cheese i hate that color, and wasn't that a color beofre maccaroni came around?

Jana said...

that's a color????

Rodney Blevins said...

Actually, I know who makes those names up.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

I don't think you really think it's worth dying for, do you?

Hi Jana, finally found your blog. Great name. Does anyone else know what it means?

Rod

Jana said...

Rodney!! If you go to my "Ako Nisi Im'o Rak Dobices" post, there's quite a bit more about the whole thing. You should go take a look at it.