BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 25, 2006

another update

Well, I figured it was time give another quick update on my life. I'll probably actually send out a massive group email within the next couple of days with some more details, but I needed to update my blog anyway.

So tomorrow (Friday) I leave for New York. My grandma and I are taking the train in the afternoon. We'll be staying with her friend Phyllis tomorrow night, because I don't actually move in until Saturday. I wasn't able to get a ride to school so I have a ton of stuff that is staying here for now, including my precious DVD collection. I'm mailing myself 2 medium sized boxes and we're taking 2 very large rolling suitcases on the train, in addition to whatever Grandma will need while she's there. There's no way to check the bags through or anything, and they'll be kind of hard to handle, so you all can pray for an easy trip, including the taxi we'll have to take to her friend's apartment.

Then on Saturday we taxi to Herald Towers, right on 34th Street. That will be interesting. I just found out the other night that one of the three other girls I'll be rooming with is not coming to King's this year. I don't know why. I also have no idea if the school has already replaced her, or if we'll have time just the three of us in the apartment or what. It could be a blessing because three girls in a one bedroom apartment sounds better than four girls in one. I'm sure we'll get a fourth girl at some point, but the idea of possibly only facing two strangers to begin with is kind of nice.

My grandma will stay in New York until Sunday evening, then I'm on my own. My classes don't start until September 5th, so I'll have over a week between when I get there and when I have to be intellectual. That will give me time to find a job. Please pray for that because I'm very new to the whole job search thing, and I haven't been able to put together a resume or anything yet. I'm pretty nervous about that.

On the up side, I got to spend a week in Colorado with my family. I just got back on Wednesday. It was really good to see my mom and Josiah especially, because I haven't seen them since Christmas. Josiah is growing really fast and I really enjoyed spending time with him. My mom really seemed to be doing great too. The pregnancy is going well and it was really nice just being there with her, and the rest of the family.

I also got to see Heidi while I was there. That was really fun. She even gave me my first Hard Rock Cafe experience in downtown Denver. And it's always fun getting lost in Colorado while listening to 80s music.

Another positive is that Jorge called me last night right after I landed. We were able to talk for a while. He's doing really well. He's hoping to be back in Connecticut (which will only be about 2 1/2 hours from me) around October 17-23. I can't wait. Just pray that he'll actually come back then and not have to stay overseas for even longer.

Well, this was long and pretty boring, but I just wanted to let you all know what was up. I'll blog again from New York!! Please pray for me...

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Hope you chang your cell phone answering machine message before you start looking for a job... hope the move goes well. Talk to you soon

Kelly said...

Good update. I'll be calling you soon. Or vice versa. Hint hint. And I finally udpated.

Shannon said...

No, you can't call Kelly because you already called me and we established that I would be the one to call ... remember?

LeAnne said...

Sisterly bickering while commenting on the blog... pretty cool :)

john-bob said...

Hey, it wasnt boring, it was a good post. We'll be praying too.