BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Insomnia (a poem)

Darkness presses
Images
Voices
Thoughts never cease
Eyes open
Can never see
Hours tick by
Head starts to ache
Light creeps in
Eyes close
Wait for night
In the dark
I’m alive

(I don't know why I posted this. I haven't written anything poetry-wise in almost 2 years. I've just been having trouble sleeping lately, so instead of doing homework I decided to write a poem. It's funny the things we do to procrastinate. Personally, I think it sucks, so be nice to me =)

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love it Jana.. it's really good... now go get some sleep!! Love and miss you lots...

Anonymous said...

it sucks. erase it now. haha totally kiddin roomie! i love youuu!! write ME a poem. i think that would be super cool. and quite clever. but for now, i will be satisfied with "insomnia". it reminds me of the time i dyed my hair and you came over to see it at like 3 am. that was fun.