BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 22, 2007

World Series!!

I really hope that there is no one reading this who is like my dad and is waiting for taped versions of game and doesn't want to know the result. I'm just too excited to keep my mouth shut about it. Most of you should know that I really don't watch baseball. Believe me, I understand everyone's complaints that it's boring and slow. I get that, and that is why I never watch it on TV. I'll watch just about any sporting event live though. Being in a stadium with the crowd, well, there's just nothing like that. I think that this is particularly true with soccer, in Europe (and the rest of the world), and with baseball, in America.

Now, there are times when I do kind of care. I don't follow the sport. There are teams I like and teams I don't like, when I hear one lost or won I cheer or moan as appropriate. For example, I hate the Yankees, with a passion. I will always cheer against them, no matter whom they're playing. Similarly, the Boston Red Sox are in my blood. They are so ingrained into the person that I have to be, that if I were to try and fight it, my whole body would disintegrate, and there would be nothing to hold it together. That, and I'd probably be written out of a couple wills.

In addition, when I was in Colorado this summer I went to a bunch of Rockies games. I'd actually not been to a Major League since I was four before this summer. It was fun. I got to know a lot of the players (not personally...). They even have theme songs that are played as different players step up to the plate, so I actually know a lot of them based on theme song. I even have a game ball from when they played the Cubs this summer!! Needless to say, I've never cared as much about a team since the Red Sox. Not to mention, that I've actually liked the Rockies since they became back in 1993, before I ever even dreamed my family would be living out there.

So here it is, I spent a few very intense hours at my friend Diana's house last night watching the Red Sox vs. the Indians. Diana is from Boston, which is awesome. It was crazy....but, Boston CREAMED them!!! They didn't really pull ahead until the 7th inning, so that's why it was so intense, but they won!!!! I'm so excited right now. Although, disturbed because I realized that I have no Red Sox paraphernalia anymore. Whatever I had, I outgrew and/or handed down =(

And as you may also know, THE ROCKIES ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!! This is huge, people, HUGE!!!! It's a major first. For the first time, Rockies fans are getting so behind their team. This is the first time that the Rockies have been (I think) even close to the series. They've got a great team this year, and I got to witness part of that this summer. It's so cool! (I also have not one, but TWO, Rockies baseball hats. I feel like a traitor). Not to mention, that I am so sick and tired of hearing about the Broncos. They are not doing well this year, and finally Colorado is realizing that they have a baseball team, and it's a good team!

Now here is the dilemma: what do I do?? I REALLY want the Rockies to win, it would be so cool, and they've earned it. But I cannot imagine cheering against the Red Sox! It's unheard of, really. It appalls me that it even occurred to me to do so. It's so wrong! I've got a major decision before me, and only two days to make it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I can help. In fact, I'm not sure I understand. Would this be like if I was considering buying the Nokia N95 even though Apple just introduced their first mobile phone?

Anyway, this sounds like a very grave problem. I hope you'll be ok.

Russell Summay said...

w00t!!!

LeAnne said...

Do what I do... don't watch baseball... it's so god-awful boring unless there's a fight and the dugout clears... then it's kind of sexy. but beyond that... uugh.

Jana said...

were you not paying attention LeAnne??? this is IN MY BLOOD!! it's not about not watching, I don't watch baseball unless it's live or important... this is important.