As you know, my computer was recently stolen from a bus while I was on my way to Tennessee. The short version of the story is that I was on my way to see my friend Sarah. It's like a 20-hour bus trip. A couple of hours before I was to arrive we stopped at a McDonald's. I got off to get some food and when I got back my computer had been taken out of my bag by one of the other passengers. Unfortunately, we were already moving by the time I realized it and he had gotten off. A couple of people actually saw him take it but they thought it was his stuff. I talked to the driver and filed a police report and everything, but there's only so much that can be done.
It's hard. Many of you understand that, as someone who's been moving around a lot, your whole life gets to be on your computer...in emails, music, addresses, and not least of all for me, school. Fortunately, I didn't lose too much school-wise, but I did lose quite a bit, so that's been a pretty big adjustment.
In spite of all of this, I've been very blessed. Sarah's parents felt awful about what happened and they actually paid a percentage of what I needed to get a new computer, and my grandmother, who has been sending me a little bit of money each month advanced me some of that so I was able to buy a new computer already. I am now the proud owner of a black MacBook. I wish that I didn't have to get it under these circumstances, but I was planning on getting one this fall anyway.
Anyway, thanks for your prayers and everything. I have an exam in my Statistics class tomorrow, and it's an open book/computer test, so I had everything I needed for that on my computer, and I'm terrified of failing it now. And I was already terrified of failing the class. So we'll see how that goes.
Yeah, so just wanted to give the update.
Oh! And give me your blog addresses because I lost all of them!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Some people are just great...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That some idiot took your computer (which is valuable to you on multiple levels, but of comparably miniscule value to him) challenges my obedience to the command to "love your enemy". That friends and family have done something about it is is a reminder that God can take care of things.
We may know soon, or maybe not for a while, what God's good intentions are in all of this concerning that exam.
Congrats on the black MacBook. Back it up constantly using dotMac or www.Mozy.com. Plus, when you can, get an external drive and use it for Time Machine.
Post a Comment